广告位1,1170 x auto
 
收藏文章 楼主
仁爱版九年级下册课文Unit6Topic2SectionD
版块:教育培训   类型:普通   作者:clcfone   查看:292   回复:0   获赞:0   时间:2020-12-23 16:24:00

Gift of the Magi

麦琪的礼物

Tomorrow will be Christmas.

明天就是圣诞节了。

But Della feels very sad, because she has no money to buy a present for her husband, Jim.

但是黛拉很难过,因为她没有钱给她的丈夫吉姆买一件礼物。

In fact, Della and Jim have two precious possessions.

其实,黛拉和吉姆有两件宝贝。

They are Jim's gold watch and Della's long beautiful hair, which are the only wealth for them.

那就是吉姆的金表和黛拉漂亮的长发,这是他们仅有的财产。

Della had her hair cut, sold it and bought a gold watch chain for Jim.

黛拉把头发剪了卖掉,给吉姆买了一个金表链。

Now, Della is at home.

现在,黛拉到家了。

(All of a sudden, the door opens and Jim comes in.)

(突然门开了,吉姆走了进来。)

You-?

你...?

Jim. don't look at me that way.

吉姆,别那样看着我。

I had my hair cut off and sold it because I couldn't have lived through Christmas without giving you a present.

我把头发剪了卖掉了,因为我不能连圣诞节都不送你一份礼物。

Jim, it will grow quickly. Say "Merry Christmas!" Jim, and let's be happy.

吉姆,它很快就会长出来的。说“圣诞快乐!”吉姆,我们开心点。

You've cut off your hair?

你把头发剪了?

英语背单词
英语单词学习方法
英文单词记忆方法

I've cut it off and sold it. It's sold.

我把头发剪掉卖了。卖了。

I tell you, sold and gone, too. It's Christmas eve, Jim. Please understand.

我跟你说,卖了,没有了。今天是圣诞节前夕,吉姆。请理解一下。

I sold my hair so that I could give you something for Christmas.

我把头发卖了,这样我就能给你买一份圣诞礼物了。

Well, Dalla, I do understand. Don't worry.

嗯,黛拉,我理解。别担心。

The fact that you have a different hair cut could not possibly make me love you less.

你发型变了,我依然会很爱你。

I know you sold your hair for me. Now look at this present I got for you.

我知道你为了我把头发卖了。现在看我给你准备的礼物。

Ah! The combs. They were in the shop windows for many months!

啊!梳子。它们在橱窗里好几个月了!

Yes, the beautiful combs, with jeweled rims-just the color to wear in your beautiful hair.

是啊,好看的梳子,还有一圈珠宝——颜色跟你的头发很配。

But, Jim. They are expensive combs.

可是,吉姆。这梳子很贵。

I know, my heart had longed for them without the least hope of owning them.

我知道,我很喜欢它们,可我从来没想过要拥有。

Now they are mine. Thank you, Jim.

现在它是我的了。谢谢你,吉姆。

Now, you will see why I was upset at first.

现在你知道我为什么一开始不开心了。

Jim, you don't know what a nice-what a beautiful gift, nice gift I've got for you. Can you guess?

吉姆,你不知道我给你准备了多么好看多么漂亮的礼物。你猜一下?

I'm sorry. I have no idea what it could be.

抱歉。我不知道会是什么。

Look! A gold watch chain! Isn't it lovely, Jim?

看!一条金表链!是不是很好看,吉姆?

I hunted all over the town to find it.

我跑遍全镇给你买到的。

You'll have to look at the time a hundred times a day now.

现在你每天一定要看很多遍时间。

Give me your watch. I want to see how it looks on it.

把手表给我。我想看看它们配起来是什么样的。

Della, let's put our Christmas gifts away and keep them for a while.

黛拉,我们把圣诞节礼物收起来保存着吧。

They're too nice to use just at present. I sold the watch to get the money to buy the combs.

它们太珍贵了,不能仅仅当做礼物。我把手表卖了给你买梳子。

Now, let's have our supper.

现在,我们吃晚饭吧。

 
广告位8,870 x auto
回复列表
默认   热门   正序   倒序

回复:仁爱版九年级下册课文Unit6Topic2SectionD

广告位4,1170 x auto

Powered by HadSky 7.3.1

©2015 - 2024 SEO外链吧

HadSky官方站 联系站长

您的IP:54.205.238.173,2024-03-28 23:43:31,Processed in 0.02024 second(s).

支持原创软件,抵制盗版,共创美好明天!
头像

用户名:

粉丝数:

签名:

资料 关注 好友 消息